Sunday, September 23, 2012

Guillen laughs off rumors of firing

NEW YORK — Ozzie Guillen has heard the rumors that his job may be in trouble.

"Ha. Ha. Ha," the Miami manager said Friday. "That's the last thing going through my mind every day, if I'm going to have a job next year. I'm going to have a job. I don't know if it's managing the Marlins, but I will have a job. I don't know if it's managing in the big leagues, but I will have a job."

Miami began the night 66-84, fighting with the New York Mets for last place in the NL East. Not exactly what Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria expected after hiring Guillen last fall and then spending $191 million in a five-day span during the offseason to sign All-Stars Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle and Heath Bell.

"If Jeffrey thinks I don't do the job I should do, it's not the first time he fired the manager," Guillen said. "I (don't) know if it's going to be easier for him to fire another one. I don't worry about that. I expect to be back 100 percent."


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment